The curriculum only includes the technical portion of the program – our speakers and the topics that they cover are going to be announced closer to the program. It is also tentative – we may modify these as we continue to improve our material.
Each “week” spans from Friday to the following Thursday in order to help us organize our guest sessions.
3/19 Week 1: Welcome & Computational Thinking
Welcome to Execute Big Fellowship! We will walk through the goals of this program, as well as get down to the basics of computational thinking.
- How do computer scientists solve problems?
- How do we think and solve problems like a computer scientist?
- Why is computational thinking useful and important?
3/26 Week 2: Ideating & Building Something Simple
We’re going to brainstorm together on a problem that you want to solve, and work together to build something simple to solve it.
- How do we identify the problems out there that needs to be solved?
- Why do we code? How do we get started in coding?
- How do we work as a team when building something?
4/2 Week 3: Debugging & Active Problem Solving
Now that we have a simple project working, we’re going to explore how engineers find and solve problems.
- How do we improve what you already have?
- How do we effectively utilize the search engine to help us solve problems?
- How do we expand our current knowledge of how things work?
4/9 Week 4: What Happens When...?
Have you ever wondered how things work in the technology world? This week we focus on answering the “how"s of technology around us.
- What happens after you enter “google.com” in your browser and hit enter?
- What happens after you press “Send” after writing an email?
- What happens after … ?
4/16 Week 5: Case Study – Among Us
Among Us was definitely one of the highlights of our year in quarantine. Let’s try to break it down, and see how it works!
- What are the different components of a game like Among Us?
- What makes it different?
- Can we build something similar?
4/23 Week 6: Ethics, Careers & Fields of Work
During this last week of the program, we’re going to focus on the real-life opportunities in the technology world.
- What are the ethical concerns of the technology industry?
- What are the career opportunities in the field of technology?
- What are the education opportunities that can potentially help you get there?
We’re here to answer one last question as we close out the 6-week program: what’s next?
- How can Execute Big continue to support me after the Fellowship?
- What are the resources that are available to me outside of Execute Big?
- Final reflection & discussion.